Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Games. Make Money. Make Friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Main Engine

Go down 
+2
Hegemege
Commander~DEST
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hegemege
Hegemege

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Main Engine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm

I think that we can have simple concept art in Level Intros but I think that you can just put the textbox on teh bottom of the screen and disable controls while we have dialogues in the game. We could also have a separate window for the dialogues. Use global variable like "dialogue_running". Note that you have to disable pointing towards mouse in the arm object and gun object too.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:40 am

I got the game paused thing done. And I ended up using global.pause (true or false). I also made the bullet have a random speed and a slight random direction. And I also am working on the following. When you run out of ammo, your fall out. I've tested it and it looks a lot better, because the clip doesn't look like it randomly disapeared when you reload. Still a few glitches with it right now.

And yeah the game pause thing and the dialogue are all in. one more glitch that I noticed is that if you press D to go to the right, then jump while holding D down, then letting go of D while still holding W: the player will remain stationary although it's legs will still move. I don't really know how to fix it.

And an animation bug: during the reload animation, the players arm lightens drastically, then when the animation is done it returns to it's normal color.

I have to write a piano exam this afternoon, but tonight I'll get back to work on it. I should have done either tonight or tommorow.
Back to top Go down
https://dest.forumotion.com
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:05 am

I am aware of the players arm sprite bug. Can someone just rip another sprite from the reload animation and remember to make the dimensions EXACTLY like it was in the original, check origin too.

I couldn't redo the bug you mentioned, with D key. Can you explain more please?
Back to top Go down
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:41 am

Someone can just rip the arm from frame one of the reload animation and use that for the normal arm, that would fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nragemachine/guitarwarriorsforum.htm
bretboy129
bretboy129

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:38 am

here we go: my engine (with the help of gullesnuffs
Main Engine - Page 2 CqD8
Back to top Go down
http://glitchygames.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:18 am

Well the stance could be fixed, but if I'm not mistaken, the jumping and crouching and running will need to change as well. I thought it would be easier to just change the reload only. I do have to admit, the arm in the reload animation does look better.

I'd be willing to try to change the arm, I just need to know which way we're going.

I'll check that engine out in a minute, and I will merge it to the engine I'm working on.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that the way we have all been working on this project has been amazing. And it's not just one of us doing all of the work. For example, I think literally everyone on this team has helped with programming in some way, as well as brainstorming, and testing engines, and just doing things to help each other out! And unfortunately Nrage hasn't had too much help with creative stuff, but hey even I'm trying to help by making soundtracks (I am coming along pretty well on my first one, I have the melody and all. I am just making decisions about which instruments will be heard and how they are layered), and when it comes time, some of you will be voice acting. So yeah, amazing work so far, I think we are all proud to be on this dedicated team. And even in this busy time you guys find time to be here literally every day. That's what I call dedication!

Ok my little speech is done, lol!
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 8:20 am

And yes, I typed that on my Ipod, my brother is on the computer (which is why I can't check your engine right now Bretboy).
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:22 am

Main Engine (v2) Executeable
Main Engine (v2) Source

-Added textbox engine
-Added clip release animation
-Fixed a bug that didn't display pistol_no_clip at the correct time.
-Added engine to keep track of number of shots
-The engine now saves the stat on exit
-Added a random speed and direction for the shots
-Fixed a minor transparency issue with the textbox engine
-Added a game freeze when the dialogue box is in use
-Added the icon and loading screen

(And maybe a few other things I forgot to mention!)

I will be working on a engine to save the amount of "Game Time". It will use the same method as the "Number of Shots' thing. And I'll take care of the 'white film' around the bullets, as Neko put it. And make it so that the dialogue engine runs off of the spacebar instead of clicking. And I will work on a fade out-fade in effect in a spot in the dialogue engine. That really needs to be done. And I will take care of all of those things! Thansk to Neko for pointing our most of those

And I'd like someone to take on that problem with the decolored arm. And Gullesnuffs, I'd like to hear how you are going on the Achievement Engine, because when you're done I will add it to the Main Engine. And there are a few glitches with the movement engine; for example, when you are crouching and you press either left or right your player slides in either direction. If someone could take a look at that engine and through analyze it to find errors, and either post them on this forum or attempt to fix the ones you can.

So any new things for the next engine send to me, I will be the one that will submit "Main Engine v3". And any ideas or suggestions for things that can be added to the next version would be helpful.

I am not sure whether I will post the latest Resource Pack, there is not a whole lot of new stuff there. If you have been active in this forum i nthe past 2 weeks you will have seen everything.

Last edited by Commander~DEST on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:52 am

Version 2.1:
-Added ability to keep track of "Game Time"
-Added ability to keep track of "Number of Enemies Killed"
-Edited bullet sprite to remove white edges
-Changed the button to advance Dialogue Engine from 'Left Mouse Button' to 'Spacebar"

EXE (2.1)
GMK (2.1)

I wasn't able to make the fade-in fade-out thing that needs to be done at the beginning of the Intro, at the point where the speakers switch, and at the end when the intro is done. Just a black screen that diminishes in alpha, that's all it needs to be. It can be a sprite or just a filled-in rectangle that you can draw using code. You could use a loop to diminish the alpha slowly. And then do the opposite to fade-out. Talk to me if you need clarification.

Also, those variables that are drawn on the screen won't be there in actual game. Those are just there to be show you that it works. I'm pretty sure you all knew that though. And look to the previous post to see some other things I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 am

I noticed, if you close the program with a bullet count of like 50, then you start with that count as you reopen the program. Is it suppose to do this? +, It says "1 minutes", which minutes is plural. It should say "Minute". ++, It only shows seconds when they are less than 60. I'm thinking maybe a time thing like 00:00.00(Minutes,Seconds,Milliseconds) or with hours with/instead of milliseconds.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:54 am

Yeah we could, but remember that won't be displayed during the actual game. But hh🇲🇲ss format would work good. But I will add that to the next version. Do you think it should keep track of game time during the time that the Dialogue Engine is in use?
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:59 pm

I think the game time is the ACTIVE time played, but I agree if we just take everything in(pause menu time, dialogues) but no main menu.

you could just make a huge black sprite and draw it like this:

var alp;
alp = 0;
if alp<1
for (alp=0, alp<1, alp+=0.05) {
draw_sprite_ext(spr_black,0,x,y,1,1,0,0,alp) // or make an object and handle image_alpha, not sure if that is Pro too. }
else
for (alp=1, alp>0, alp-=0.05) {
draw_sprite_ext(spr_black,0,x,y,1,1,0,0,alp) }
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks, I will add that in. I knew it had to be something like that, I just couldn't get the script straight. So just actual game time?
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:08 am

That might not actually work... you would have to check a variable which way the alpha should go... I think you can fix it, not too hard Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:05 am

Alright, I'll give it a go. Thanks for giving me something to work off of though.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:58 am

Well it turns out that the code that you gave to me was completely messed up. First of all the code had several mistakes in it. Such as in the 'for' loops, you put it in this format:
Code:

for (alp=0, alp<1, alp+=0.05)
But it should've been like this:
Code:

for (alp=0; alp<1; alp+=0.05)

Also on this line:

Code:

draw_sprite_ext(spr_black,0,x,y,1,1,0,0,alp) // or make an object and handle image_alpha, not sure if that is Pro too. }

The } at the end of the line was part of the comment so it wouldn't work.

Bsides that the code simply wouldn't work because it the whole loop would be done in one step. So I rewrote like this:

Code:

if obj_textbox.message_display=0
if alp>0
{
alp-=0.1
image_alpha = alp
}

if obj_textbox.message_display=7
if undo=false
if alp<1
{
alp+=0.1
image_alpha = alp
if alp=1
undo=true
}

if obj_textbox.message_display=7
if undo=true
if alp>0
{
alp-=0.1
image_alpha = alp
if alp=0
undo=false
}

And that works great. Almost the same concept as yours, but rewritten and it is put on a different step. i also had to add the variable "undo" to see which way it was going to go.

Any way. I'm glad I got it working good. I also fixed a glitch that made all of the objects flash up before they became transparent. And right now I will be working on adding in a Leveling Engine. It won't be too hard to make.

So can someone take on the decolored arm job. And should we work on adding in the actual Level 1? I think we should. Just tell me and i can do it. I assume it will be the same or at least similar to the one Nrage designed. And I need someone to work on Enemy sprites and AI.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 am

Well, I wrote it completely out of my head, but good that you fixed it Smile

Not sure if I did even take another look at the code after posting it, I think I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:20 am

Well it gave me something to work off of so that was good.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 am

We should sticky this thread. So this is pretty much the thread where we talk about the overall game and post new game versions?
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am

Well yeah it is it is currently version 0.0.2.1 and is considered the alpha version of the game. When we get to 0.5.x.x it will be at the beta stage. And of course 1.x.x.x onwards is the actual game that can be released. So I will sticky this.

Update: I got the leveling engine done, and a few other fixes. I will now get a small glitch with the fade-in fade-out thing and begin on importing the level sprites.

I got 2 soundtracks recorded a little while ago, I did not spend any time editing and I didn't take time to add percussion or find good instruments. I will post those tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am

How does that 0.0.0.0 (success,fail,build,version(I think)) work?
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 am

(version,release.major,build)

0.0.0.1: 1st version
0.0.0.2: after you add some stuff
0.0.1.x: game should be somewhat functional, private testing begins
0.5.x.x: public beta-testing begins, demo is released
1.x.x.x: game release

And our current version is 0.0.0.2b (instead of Main Engine v2.2).
Back to top Go down
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 am

I like what I've seen so far, its nice to see everyone's work culminated into one file. I especially enjoyed the text box, very nice. Can't wait to build on this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nragemachine/guitarwarriorsforum.htm
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 5:51 am

Version 0.0.0.2c is almost done! I will post it tommorow. It will have the leveling engine in it, glitches with the dialogue box and the game time display fixed, and a few code modifications.

As for the resource pack expect it to be up tommorow with the latest engine and work from various people including a bunch of new stuff from nrage. It will be all organized and sorted.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:10 am

0.0.0.2c?
Wasn't it at like 0.0.2.1?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Engine   Main Engine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Main Engine
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next