Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Games. Make Money. Make Friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biolab 4 Testing

Go down 
+2
gullesnuffs
Commander~DEST
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Post your glitches below. The programmers will correct your glitches as soon as possible. Your help as testers is greatly appreaciated. Hopefully we can expand this list to unveil as many glitches as we can. I'm sure that there are some known glitches that I shoud l have put down here but couldn't remember.

Major Glitches:
-While running, if you point the mouse downwards, your gun aims up. It is exactly 180 degrees off. And it points towards your player, and the player walks backwards, sort of like a moon walk.

Minor Glitches:

Updated: January 27

Last edited by Commander~DEST on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://dest.forumotion.com
gullesnuffs

gullesnuffs

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 am

That glitch is just... strange...
I've tried to fix it but it just won't work...

Btw, I fixed a glitch that kept the walk-animation running when the game was paused.
Back to top Go down
http://gullesnuffs.deviantart.com/
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:19 am

Oh you fixed that? Great! I tried myself yesterday and evidently forgot to add it to this list. I corrected a number of glitches this morning and level 2 now plays with out errors.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 am

Yeah, Although it didn't need to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:21 am

Yeah it did! There shouldn't be any movement when it's paused.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

I updated the list and they are now sorted. In this early stage of testing we only need two catagories.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:51 am

New Glitch/Crash:

for object obj_player:

In script scr_achievement_draw:
Error in code at line 5:
height=sprite_get_height(spr_achievement_background);
^
at position 31: Unknown variable spr_achievement_background

I think this has something to do with the deleted sprites?

EDIT:
I suggest that we start to make sub-forums here... no assignments or something like that but "General Discussion"(aspeects and features of the game, no programming) "Undecided" "Done" something like that, so everything that is under work(weapon stats, detailed plot) would go to Undecided and something we have resolved already would go to Done

Last edited by Hegemege on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:54 am

I think you ran the wrong version. Try this one: Biolab 4 v0.0.0.4c (In Progress)

I had them named wrong! My bad!
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 am

Oh okay, I ran an exe there... BTW read my edit above^^
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:56 am

Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:02 am

Can you by any chance do it during the following days? I am starting to panic about my exam week starting from Monday with chemistry. I have a programming course too, we will solve some old abitur maths exams with Maple 12 and we have to model some physics with MATLAB. Probably something should be known about floating points too...
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:03 am

I could do it right now!
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 am

Brilliant!

I hope I see some magical modifications into this part of the forum when I wake up tomorrow... BTW, I think I can do the stair walking during the weekend(at last)
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 am

Glitches found: 2
1)Majorish:
I think you can press space in room 1 to automatically teleport to room 2 even if your not by the door.
2)Minor
If you press space(During textbox) While the game is fading in/out, the fade will stop...
(To test this one, just start up BL4 and hit space as fast as your hands will go...
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 am

I have acknowledged both of those glitches, although I did not post them.

As for the transtion glitch, we are in the middle of programming it, so that's why it's not working right.

As for the textbox glitch, I know how to fix that, it'll be actually pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:51 am

When you crouch, your character gets stuck in a loop... Do we even need a crouch? It seems pretty pointless. You only go down like 20% of your height...
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 am

You mean the animation is in a loop? That's odd. I think I know how to fix that.

Btw: this weekend I'm at camp remember so I'll see you all on Monday. I think I will have lots of time to get working on the engine. You know this game is really shaping up.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I still think the crouch is useless. Either getting rid of it or making our hero crouch more would be the best thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 pm

It complicates quite a lot of things and we would get rid of quite a chunk of code if we didn't have crouching. It is afterall quite pointless, though jumping is maybe a bit more pointless, who would jump during a firefight...
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:29 pm

Who would jump in a straight hallway too? Jumping and crouch seem completely pointless. If we removed them, it would help simplify our game greatly.

Edit: If there was no jumping or anything... Why would we even need aiming? Without jump our crouch, then enemies will be like Directly in front of the player.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:35 am

I kind of like jump. But crouch is unimportant. We don't want to simplify this game so much to avoid giving the user control. Let's get rid of crouching but we'll keep jumping.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:58 am

But the jumping is still useless. Your character fights in a horizontal room. What purpose does Jumping have?

P.S. image_index for obj_player sprite 7 is totally messed up. When you leave rooms in goes crazy and when you reload it changes to 0 and goes up to 40, goes to -0 and goes down or stays at 0 and your character just sits there.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:21 am

Ok. I guess. It will make animations easier for Nrage. But we do want to have the ability to aim. Because of head-shots, shooting object hanging off of cielings, ect...

I guess I'll work at removing them Smile
Back to top Go down
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 am

I think jump could still prove useful for hard to reach ducts, items, or areas as well as a way to dodge attacks. But I believe that the game needs more vert combat and for rooms to be more up and down along with left and right action. I think there is a way to reach a middle ground here. Me and Legion have discussed all of this and we both think that the levels could use more up and down action. Heck why do you think one of the first things I sprited were stairs and second levels. We could have stairs second and third levels and elevator pads, its practical and will give the gameplay more diversity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nragemachine/guitarwarriorsforum.htm
Hegemege
Hegemege

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:54 am

I am good with elevation pads but I dont think some short ledges are any good for our game. As I said, a large part of the engine must be rewritten but I don't see it as a problem.

We might have to begin use collision checking for movement, or update the variable levely(or similar) every step and check for a object below player... It is doable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biolab 4 Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biolab 4 Testing   Biolab 4 Testing Empty

Back to top Go down

Biolab 4 Testing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next