Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Games. Make Money. Make Friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Level structure.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neko
Admin
Neko

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Level structure. Empty
PostSubject: Level structure.   Level structure. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:38 am

Jumping and crouch are pretty useless in our current version of biolab because the rooms are just straight hallways. Who need to jump in a straight hallway? I was talking to Nrage about this method, and we think you'll like it although it is quite, if not completely, similar to the Platformer game "Castlevania". Instead of a Huge hallway where you run in 1 line and kill anything that moves, There is a rather large complex room with ledges and other various object you can use to ascend/descend to enter different rooms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB3CZItLMY4
The video above shows what I'm talking about. Alot of platforms and such to jump around on.

I would love to write more detials on the matter but i'm kinda busy at the moment.

And Dest, please PM me once you read this.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Level structure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level structure.   Level structure. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:35 am

I thought that the game was mostly a shooting game not a platformer. If we wanted to do something like this, the whole jumping engine would have to be redone completely. I hope you understand that that kind of platformer shooter would look a bit odd because of our current sprites, which look very professional and realistic. Thus adding such element should be well considered due to amount of work we still have: weapons, attachments, more complex level design etc.

And, a biotechnic laboratory is nowadays just hallways and offices and rooms, no big halls where you have multiple ledges to jump to and a complex movement environment.

I do though agree that jumping is very useless in our current version and we alrady decided to leave crouching out.

We need more opinions.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Admin
Neko

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Level structure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level structure.   Level structure. EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:07 am

Yes, but we cannot keep making the game "Realistic" for if we do, it's going to be boring. It is both a shooter and a platform, if its just a shooter, then why bother even moving? We can use both these elements together to making a Platforming shooter the world has never seen before.
Besides, I've seen labs with latters, metal ledges and all that business.

The point is, this "realistic" thing is going to kill the game. I know I don't want to play a game were the enemy is going to be right in front of you 80% of the time. If you are fighting a guard on the same level as you, just shoot straight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Level structure. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level structure.   Level structure. Empty

Back to top Go down

Level structure.
Page 1 of 1