Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Games. Make Money. Make Friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things To Do (December 24)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

Number of posts : 1499
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Things To Do (December 24) Empty
PostSubject: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 9:42 pm

1-Continue building rooms. I tried to make a second room, and when you press 1 and 2 it will change between the two, for some reason it just won't work, don't know why. The next version will have all of the objects all ready for you to build a level and try to transition.
2-Save all data onto 1 save file.
3-Engine that enables the player to walk up and down stairs.
4-We need enemy sprites soon, we should use the player sprites for now. The current player sprites could be used as the thing each character is built off of, right?
5-Do you think it's time to update the character's sprite?
6-Enemy AI.
7-When crouched, player can slide in either direction by pressing left or right. I checked the script and I can tell Hegemege intended to do it that way because he set a crouch speed and everything. Either we add an animation for it or we remove it

Last edited by Commander~DEST on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:06 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://dest.forumotion.com
Hegemege
Hegemege

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:35 am

1- You can just make it move to another room after the current clip has ended.

2- Make a variable and save it into a file with the script. Load and check the file if the variable is set to 1 then go to first level(or actually, load another variable which would hold current level and another which would hold player x and y) You should check it right in the create event before anything else.

5- This can be done with a new variable which would hold the stairs state. Thereby, gravity could be disabled by checking if this variable is true and maybe have some sort of line the player x and y would follow when he is on the stairs. We can have a button press to toggle walk stairs/don't walk on stairs, or, check the aiming direction and thereby make him walk the stairs up if he is pointing upwards. I haven't ever played a game with this kind of feature but I am sure it would fit in nicely. When walking stairs down, we can force him to walk down if there is no option to keep going on the balcony thing and check if he is pointing down to make him walk the stairs down, if the option exists. I can work on this.

7- I think yes, the back of the character is a bit too dark and I am sure that Nrage wants to add some texture in him too Smile

8- Should be rather easy, but I think this wont be the first priority in this list.

10- Some 8-12 hits, or 1 hit of an explosive. Barrels could explode when shot enough and make splash damage on nearby crates and enemies(and player too) Crates could contain ammo and possibly (rare) health packs.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:03 am

1-Well I tried that and it wouldn't work quite right. I have another idea though so I will try that and get back to you.
2-Well, yes. I put my name beside to say that I would undertake it. I will also save the player's position.
5-Good, it's all yours!
7-Yeah I know what you mean, and at the same time Nrage will have to make sure there's no decoloration for once and for all!
8-No, not yet anyway. Sometime soon though.
10-Sounds good for that.

Still open to lots of feedback!
Back to top Go down
gullesnuffs

gullesnuffs

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:44 pm

9. Well... It's pretty much done (I think), but the problem is that I'm on vacations so I can't send it until I come home 31st December or 1st January, I'm sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
http://gullesnuffs.deviantart.com/
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:12 am

That's fine! Thanks for the update though! I look forward to seeing it! And it will add a lot to the game! A little more interaction!
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:16 am

First post updated, two new things added! And one solved and one in progress...
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:20 am

13- Did you check the code? try putting a speed of over 9000 and I can promise that it won't skip a thing with the current code. It doesn't use GMs speed variable, it has own - spd.

EDIT::

12- FIXED: In obj_player, Step Event, third code under MOVEMENT CODES, fourth line, add " and jump = 0" at the end(without quotes)
sry didnt work, Ill fix this

edit2:

okay fixed(really Smile )
In obj_player, End Step Event, under Movement Code, first code, first line, add " and jump = 0 and crouch = 0" at the end of the first line.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 am

12: Thanks for that, I will add that in right away!
13: Okay, I believe. I took a look at the script again and concluded that I just didn't include some code in one of the new things I added, so disregard that for now.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Well now if you tap the jump button once and hold it will asuume the wierd stance and if you tap twice and hold it will play the running animation when it 's not even moving!
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Heres a fix:

in the same piece of code where you put " and jump = and crouch = 0"
delete this part: " and keyboard_check(ord('W'))"
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:43 pm

Good, that removed the wierd stance glitch. But there's still that one where if you tap the jump button while already in the air it will keep changing the image_index to the first part of the animation.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:58 pm

oh okay, looks like I misunderstood what you meant.

Can you convert mp3 to .ogg and use a dll to play ogg files. I would prefer ogg files because we are going to have lots of tracks in this game and if they take 1-2MB each it will become pain downloading. It would be best to have them in the folder and then use sound_add() to add the sounds so new gmk download speed could be boosted. Also, we wouldn't need to download the same track over and over again.

Looks like you also missed the last bugfix I made few posts above

The version i have has the ammo boxes and barrels and all. I have a suggestion, make the barrel explosion faster and larger, use more fire effect too. I know its just WIP. btw good work on teh crates! Just make the explosion damage bigger so the crates destroy if they are near the explosion.

or did I download wrong file?
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:10 am

WEll I didn't make the barrels do damage yet, but I will add that and modify the explosion. As for the whole soundtrack thing, that sounds like something. you should do, because I have no sweet clue.

And I did see that post about the bugfix. It fixed one bug but there's still another one.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:27 am

This is what I did for the latest version:

obj_player
....Step event
.........3rd Execute Code
...............4th line
.....................from this: if keyboard_check_pressed(ord("W")) and reload = 0
.....................to this: if keyboard_check_pressed(ord("W")) and reload = 0 and jump = 0
....End Step Event
.........1st Execute code
................1st line
....................from this: if reload = 0 and !keyboard_check(ord('A')) and !keyboard_check(ord('D')) and !keyboard_check(ord('S')) and !keyboard_check(ord('W')) and jump = 0 and crouch = 0
....................to this: if reload = 0 and !keyboard_check(ord('A')) and !keyboard_check(ord('D')) and !keyboard_check(ord('S')) and jump = 0 and crouch = 0

that should do it

As for the ogg files, I'll check how to use that dll and try to merge it with our game and then give intel for you, ok?
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:04 am

Sounds good! And I will get in that script.
Back to top Go down
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 am

Ok. That's in and it worked perfectly! Thanks! And I updated the first post. There is only 7 issues to address. Thanks for helping me solve 6 of them!
Back to top Go down
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:30 am

Main Character WIP, Hege suggested darkening the pants alot so I'll be doing that:
http://tinypic.com/r/iodgg5/6
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nragemachine/guitarwarriorsforum.htm
Commander~DEST
Admin
Commander~DEST

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 am

Nice WIP! It looks really good so far. The feet don't fit in quite well yet, they look 2D. But other than that awesome! When you're making the animations can you try to include a crouched movement animation if ya know what I mean.

Here's a list of the things we should put into this game ASAP. The Physics DLL should be picked out very soon because some of this stuff needs it. Also the explosions should be made using a particle system, I would think. The rooms are already there so room transitions shouldn't be too hard. HUD is a must. And here is the list:

-Room transitions.
-Fade engine. (Hegemege)
-Physics DLL.
-Barrel explosions and damage.
-Crate explosion.
-Put player and objects on the same "floor line".
-HUD.
-Save player position, room, and whether or not to show the intro video and dialogue.
-Save all game info onto one data file. (Gullesnuffs)
-Stop player from going outside room. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things To Do (December 24)   Things To Do (December 24) Empty

Back to top Go down

Things To Do (December 24)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Destruction Productions :: Archives-
Jump to: