Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Destruction Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Games. Make Money. Make Friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trimming The Fat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Me and PlasmaWaffle have had a discussion about the game, here is a clip:
Quote :

13:00:00] @ Nragemachine : We can simplify the game if need be too
[13:00:14] @ Nragemachine : some ideas I think are unneccecary anyways
[13:00:45] @ PlasmaWaffle : The point is, we started to hard, do you have any idea how hard an equipting system will be? One that allows you to pick-up, drop, upgrade, equipt and unequipt without any failures?
[13:01:30] @ Nragemachine : I thought we weren't allowing pickup/drop
[13:01:36] @ Nragemachine : and besides we can scale back
[13:01:45] @ Nragemachine : those things aren't written in stone
[13:01:47] @ PlasmaWaffle : The equipt system is way to advanced and to be honest, completely unnecessary
[13:01:59] @ Nragemachine : good lets rid ourselves of it
[13:02:05] @ Nragemachine : we don't need it
[13:02:15] @ PlasmaWaffle : You actually don't even need an equipt system at all for it to still be good.
[13:02:21] @ Nragemachine : lets keep it simple Halflife 2 style
[13:02:35] @ PlasmaWaffle : That would definitely help out alot.

We believe that this game is getting too complicated and there is alot of unnecessary things that complicate the game that really don't need to be added. Scaling back would help game progression here. We set out to do a simple side-scrolling shooter, lets not veer too far away from that concept. There are alot of things we could scale back and the game be just as enjoyable, so what could we simplify that would make developing this game less complicated?

Mind you we don't need to cut alot of things, but things like simplifying the weapon equip system to something like Half Life 2 would make the game much simpler and would not detract from the game in the slightest...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nragemachine/guitarwarriorsforum.htm
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Here are possible things to simplify/cut:
>Character classes, In the end I'm not sure what valid purpose this really serves.
>Character leveling, perhaps we could keep. It would be cool to level up your character, but then there are other complications that come with that...and our plans have gotten a tad extensive as far as stats go.
>Skill tree, I'd hate to see this go too, but if neccessary I think it is something we could cut that really doesn't need to be here.

^Any one of these is something to consider, like I said nothing has to be cut outright neccessarily, but perhaps scaled back and simplified if need be.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 pm

I agree with you. It's funny to hear that YOU TWO want to scale it back because I think you introduced these complex weapon, class and exp system in the very beginning Razz
Back to top Go down
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Its true, but it is something we should all consider here. Like I said nothing drastic has to be changed, even eliminating or simplifying one thing can make a tremendous impact.

Anyways I think simplifying the weapon pickup and items and such as mentioned in the first post is a very good idea and both me and Legion support it fully so if we could just have it like where once you get a weapon you keep it always like in Half Life 2. No dropping or anything else like that but just keep it basic.
Back to top Go down
Hegemege
Hegemege

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:17 am

Okay, and then you just pick up ammo and... well, you know the rest.

Also, weapons shouldn't share ammo nor should they get damaged. This kind of things simplify a lot.
Back to top Go down
Nragemachine

Nragemachine

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 am

Agreed, I'll start spriting ammo pickups as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trimming The Fat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimming The Fat   Trimming The Fat Empty

Back to top Go down

Trimming The Fat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Destruction Productions :: Archives-
Jump to: